Thursday, September 1, 2016

9.1 Update From Kevin Bacon On 'Tremors' TV Series:




Back in November of last year it was announced that Kevin Bacon had signed on to star in an all new Tremors tv series... Last month Bacon confirmed he was indeed working on the series and that it it would consist of ten episodes..

Speaking with Collider, Kevin Bacon goes in to a little more details about the upcoming series - When asked "Where are things at with the Tremors TV series?" Bacon said:

BACON: We’re at Amazon. We’re still waiting for a draft, but I’m 100% on board with that.

Since you’re going to be playing the same character and it’s set in the same town, is it a continuation of the story that was told in the movies?

BACON: It’s great. It’s a super cool idea. They went and made a bunch of sequels to the movie. I want to put those aside because, first of all, I wasn’t in them. But what I was really interested in was taking this guy and, 25 years later, seeing what happened to him, to his dreams, and to his life. Andrew Miller, who’s writing the script, came up with this really, really interesting take on it, and I think it could be a lot of fun.

... Tremors did not perform at the box office, but it did great on VHS. When I came up with the idea and reached out to Blumhouse about looking at it again, I looked at the movie, and I don’t look at my movies, at all. I went back and put it up on my screen at home and went, “Wow, this is a really good movie!” I just didn’t get it when I was there and in it. I wrote it off ‘cause it wasn’t a hit, and I really needed one. But, I think it’s a really good movie. It’s unusual and it’s funny. Doing funny scary is something that is rarely good and rarely works, and it’s also something that’s incredibly hard to market. I think that was part of the problem. Funny scary is tough, unless you’re Snakes on a Plane.

Kevin Bacon will also serve as executive producer. Andrew Miller, whose previous works include “Backstrom”, “The Secret Circle”, and the 1999 Dennis Rodman film “Simon Sez”, will adapt the film to television. No network is attached to the project yet, but the series is being produced by Universal and Blumhouse"

Back in 2003 the SyFy Channel aired a short lived Tremors tv series that starred Michael Gross as Burt Gummer... The original 1990 filmed starred Kevin Bacon (as Valentine McKee), Fred Ward (as Earl Bass), Michael Gross (as Burt Gummer) and Reba McEntire (as Heather Gummer)...


(Source: Collider)