Monday, September 26, 2016

9/26 John Carpenter Takes Aim At Rob Zombie:




Let me start by saying: I believe Rob Zombie is a good director and storyteller, when it comes to his own material.. I liked 'House Of A 1000 Corpses, and The Devil's Rejects' - I even thought 'The Lords Of Salem' was ok, even though many horror fans hated it. I give him props for trying something different..

When it comes to his 2007 reboot of Halloween, in my opinion it is one of the worst remakes around - Did we really need to see a redneck version of Michael Myers? Not to mention the film is ridiculously laden with profanity, to the point where just want to mute the sound.. Anyways I'm not going to rant about the film..

It appears Horror Icon John Carpenter is no fan of Rob Zombie or his remake of Halloween.. In a recent Q&A at the New York Film Academy, Carpenter was asked for his opinion on the remake, and he responded by saying:

"I thought that (Zombie) took away the mystique of the story by explaining too much about the guy (slasher icon Michael Myers). I don't care about that. He's supposed to be a force of nature, he's supposed to be almost supernatural ... and he was too big, it wasn't normal."

Back in 2010 A&E aired the documentary 'Halloween: The Inside Story'. In the doc Rob Zombie claims he got a chilly reception from Carpenter when he told him, he was going to remake the 1978 classic.. Carpenter had this to say about the exchange:

"He lied about me. He said that I was very cold to him when he told me he was going to make it. Nothing could be further from the truth. I said, 'Make it your own movie, man. You know, this is yours now. Don't worry about me.' I was incredibly supportive. Why that piece of shit lied, I don't know! He had no reason to. Why did he do it?"

You want to check out the Q&A, click on the video below: