Wednesday, April 5, 2017

4/5 My Thoughts On "LIFE" Starring Jake Gyllenhaal:




First off, "no" LIFE is not a prequel to Sony Pictures of upcoming Venom movie - although I do kind of understand why some would think that, and honestly I wish the studio would have went that route.. Most certainly would have made the ending that much more special lol..

Plot: LIFE centers around A team of scientists aboard the International Space Station discovering a rapidly evolving life form, that caused extinction on Mars, and now threatens the crew and maybe all life on Earth..

You know the old saying, curiosity killed the cat? Unfortunately it definitely rings true when it comes to the crew, because throughout the movie the crew on board the Space Station continuously make one dumbass mistake after another that leads them deeper and deeper in to a thick pile of shit.. Allowing this threat (extinction of life on earth) to be come very real! Now that I think about it, the film should have been titled "Alien Life Form VS Dumbass Astronauts" or "Curiosity Kills!"..

I know it sounds like I didn't enjoy the flick - believe I did, it was actually a KICKASS thrill ride with some intense heart pounding sci-fi action..

I thought the performances by the all the actors were good - Ryan Reynolds plays Rory Adams, he is pretty much playing himself' and probably the guy you can relate to the most.. Jake Gyllenhaal plays David Jordan, a man that's kind of loner and somewhat creepy at times.. Or maybe it's just me not being able to look pass Gyllenhaal awesome but creepy performance in Nightcrawler.. Anyways.. Life is one of those sci-fi popcorn flicks that's pretty good, but unfortunately moviegoers have chosen to ignore.. I'm going to give the film a B+

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rebecca Ferguson, Olga Dihovichnaya, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ariyon Bakare and Ryan Reynolds.. Directed By: Daniel Espinosa..