Sunday, April 9, 2017

4/9 My Thoughts On "BROKEN":




"Broken" is a 2006 brutal horror thriller that centers around a woman (Hope) being kidnapped by a psychopath survivalist type (The Man) looking to make her his own personal slave..

I picked up this film back in 2007 (Dimension Extreme) at Wal-Mart, the artwork on the DVD stood out it was bloody and gruesome, the back of the DVD case had a picture of a half naked woman with one of her breast exposed lol I was surprised Wal-Mart didn't catch it..

After watching it for the first time, I really didn't know what to think.. But it stuck with me, even the next day I couldn't get the film out of my head.. It was just raw and unapologetic.. Eric Colvin gives a chilling performance as The Man, I also thought Nadja Brand was very good as Hope..

Written/Directed By: Adam Mason and Simon Boyes - Broken is a very brutal and one of those films you will either love it or really hate it.. Definitely not for the casual horror fan! I'm going to give it a B+..