Sunday, June 25, 2017

6/25 My Thoughts On "GET OUT":




"GET OUT" The story centers around a young African American man (Daniel Kaluuya as Chris) traveling with his Caucasian girlfriend (Allison Williams as Rose) for a weekend get away to meet her over the top politically correct parents for the first time at their secluded estate.. But before long, the promising peaceful weekend turns into a hellish nightmare..

Over all Get Out' is a fun movie, I enjoyed it's take on the Stepford Wives.. I'm not always the biggest fan of horror/comedy's - and the flick does have a lot of comedy elements to it.. But I think it works here..

The highlight of the film is Chris's best friend (LilRel Howery as Rod), he eats up the screen with his humor and wit.. For me the ending was kind of disappointing, I was hoping the final act would go in a little different direction.. But I still had a lot of fun with GET OUT.. Grade: B+

Written and Directed By: Jordan Peele. Rest of the Cast: Catherine Keener, Bradley Whitford, Bradley Whitford, Marcus Henderson, Betty Gabriel, Lakeith Stanfield and Stephen Root..