Thursday, June 1, 2017

6/1 I Watched "Alien: Covenant"




"Alien: Covenant" centers around a crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination, they must attempt a harrowing escape..

I honestly don't know where to begin, there are a lot of things I liked about Covenant and somethings I didn't like.. I really enjoyed Prometheus, I know flick had it's share of problems but I thought it was a solid sci-fil flick that brought up some very interesting questions when it comes to humans and our origins.. Why did the engineers create the human race and ultimately wanted to destroy us?

I was hoping Covenant would answer these questions and it doesn't - not really.. The primary focus of the story is on the android David from Prometheus and his (new?) twin android counterpart Walter with a Alien/Xenomorph origin story thrown into the mix..

There are a lot of things to like a about Covenant, when the Xenomorph are on the screen it's thrilling and intense.. And the acting is solid as hell.. I just wanted more of what we got in Prometheus.. I'm going to give the film a - Grade: B-

Directed By: Ridley Scott - Cast: Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Demián Bichir, Carmen Ejogo and Danny McBride..