Saturday, September 23, 2017

9/23 My Thoughts On 'LEATHERFACE'




Please just STOP already! Let me start by saying I did not like this movie.. Leatherface has more in common with Bonnie and Clyde than TCM..

The story centers around a teenage Jed aka Leatherface escaping from a mental hospital with two Bonnie and Clyde wannabes and another inmate, also kidnapping a young nurse. From there, the trio and the nurse take a incoherent road trip into hell..

This movie is not good at all, and in the process sinks TCM brand further in to mediocrity.. I didn't have high hopes going in to it, but the flick did have director Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury going for it.. The duo behind one of my favorite horror films of all time INSIDE.. So I did have at least some hope..

But it was not to be, I don't know what went wrong.. Maybe to much studio meddling? Who knows.. Anyways Leatherface offers absolutely nothing when it comes to good story telling or likable characters.. I'm not going to into spoilers, but when things come to ahead.. It is some of the most (all of a sudden) bullshit I've since, ugg.. Never mind..

Positives: some good gore effects, we do get a little bit of boobies.

Negatives: Terrible story, mediocre acting, awful characters.

I hate to say it, but I had more fun with Texas Chainsaw 3D and that is saying something. grrrr

Rating: 1/10