Thursday, March 31, 2011

Darren Bousman Talks 'Ninety':


"It's psychotic and it's crazy," Bousman tells This Week In. "I wanted to do a movie that's fun. 'Repo!' was fun, and I think that translated well into the movie. '11-11-11' and 'Mother's Day' are not fun movies. 'Ninety' is fun. It's 90 kills in 90 minutes. Done. Sold. Buy my ticket. We're talking unique kills, too; it's not like I just put ninety people in a room and dropped a bomb. The script is from Scott Milam, who also wrote 'Mother's Day.' It's a cross between 'Natural Born Killers,' 'True Romance,' and something a little more lighthearted."

Bousman continues, "When you're going to kill ninety people in a movie, after a while it could become monotonous. You'll feel like, "Okay, I've seen this. I'm done." To combat that, we're going out of our way to make our killer cool and badass, like Mickey and Mallory were in 'NBK.' You'll see the movie and just want to be the killer. Obviously we don't want anyone to ever emulate being a killer as obviously that's wrong, but we made sure our guy is just very likable. There's two times that you'll even want to high-five him."

-Bloody-Disgusting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment