Friday, November 1, 2013

11.1 Romero Says No To 'The Walking Dead':


Would you guys like to see legendary horror icon George A Romero direct an episode of The Walking Dead? Well don't hold your breath, in a recent interview with "The Big Issue" Romero told the British magazine, that he was offered to direct a couple of episodes of the very popular series.. But turned them down...

"They asked me to do a couple of episodes of ‘The Walking Dead,’ but I didn’t want to be a part of it.. Basically it’s just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism, and I find that missing in what’s happening now."

It's good to know one of the masters of horror feels the same way as I do.. If you guys remember a few days ago, I said The Walking Dead felt more like a soap opera and less about the living dead.. I am glad the series is so popular, it has put horror back on the map as far as television goes.. But does it have to be so damn boring?



(Source: Yahoo.com)