Friday, July 25, 2014

7.25 Reboot For 'The X-Files' Maybe:




Hmmmm, ok... It appears that 20th Century Fox {might} be open to bring back The X-Files as a series.. Now to be honest, this is the first time I've heard about this.. I know Chris Carter, David Duchovny and Gillain Anderson have been trying for years to get X-Files 3 off the ground.. But as of now, Fox has been unwilling to bite..

In an interview with Vulture, Chris Carter confirmed that there is a very good chance the series could be rebooted.. Why you might ask.. Dana Walden and Gary Newman (now in charge of Fox Network), were bigwigs at 20th Century Fox TV, back in the series hay day...

"I’m very friendly with Gary and Dana. Dana and I basically cut our teeth at the same time. She was a publicist. It’s nice to go through your career with someone you have respect for and were in the trenches with. Dana and I sat in the same room during the first market testing of The X-Files. She was like a junior publicist, and I was this unproven producer. She was there at the beginning. So I owe her a lot. And certainly she and I have talked a lot about this."

So is the series really happening?

"That’s just a way of saying there certainly have been conversations."

It's not a big shock that Fox is looking to reboot the series when you think about it.. Network just had a very successful run with the reboot of '24' (24: Live Another Day), after a 4 year hiatus.. I really hope the series happens, I am so bored with TV, it full of reality bull-shit..


(Source: Arrow In The Head)