Thursday, October 29, 2015

Update For 'PACIFIC RIM 2':




Guillermo del Toro has turned in the script and budget for the sequel to 'Pacific Rim' del Toro took to twitter and twitted:

"PACIFIC RIM 2: Budget and script went in. No answers yet. If anything happens, I will post. If nothing happens, I will just keep rambling."

Of course it probably doesn't matter, because it appears the sequel is dead for now... Just last month it was announced the project would be postponed till 2016.. Back in August del Toro talked about a Godzilla Pacific Rim crossover..

“So far with the sequel, what we’re writing, what we’re creating, is very different, so there are no plans. Hypothetically, I would love the fuck out of it. I would love to see a jaeger and Godzilla duke it out. That would be too much for the human brain.”

"It’s a few years after the first one," said del Toro. "It’s not an immediate follow-up. It is the world having been freed of Kaiju, what happens to the world after – what happens to the Jaeger technology once the Kaiju are not a threat. It’s quite a jump."

del Toro talks Pacific Rim 2 script: "It’s quite a different movie from the first one, but I think that two of our main characters, like in the first one, are Burn and Charlie," continued Del Toro. "I mean, honestly, they are probably the guys I have the most fun writing along with Hannibal Chau, so just from a purely selfish drive, I like writing them. You’re gonna get a lot of that, but the Kaijus are very different and you’re gonna see a very different type of the robots."