Wednesday, August 23, 2017

8/23 My Thoughts On "What Happen To Monday":




I was flipping through Netflix last night and noticed a film I've been wanting to check out for a while now "What Happen To Monday".. Ever since the trailer dropped last month I've been eagerly awaiting this film.. I was not disappointed at all, this was an excellent flick..

What Happen To Monday' brings up a very important question.. What should humans do about (alarming rate) overpopulation?

We can't just sit back and do nothing..

The story centers around 7 identical sextuplets trying to survive In a futuristic world where families are limited to one child due to overpopulation. One of them goes missing, the remaining sextuplets must put aside their differences and find out what happen to Monday..

Written By: Max Botkin and Kerry Williamson - Directed By: Tommy Wirkola.. The flick Stars: Noomi Rapace, Glenn Close, Marwan Kenzari, Christian Rubeck, Pål Sverre Hagen, Tomiwa Edun, Cassie Clare and Willem Dafoe..

Noomi Rapace is outstanding as the siblings, in my opinion she should be consider for a lead actress nod.. Glenn Close was very entertaining as (the evil bitch?) Nicolette Cayman..

It's clear the this film is pushing a political statement, but in all honestly it's up the viewer to decide what that message is.. No matter how cruel it seems do we control overpopulation at any cost? Or should we seek alternative measures?

What Happen To Monday is receiving mixed reviews from credits, why I do not know.. Like I said above this was excellent movie..

Grade: A