Saturday, September 28, 2019

What I Thought About 'I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu':




I just watched 'I Spit On This Franchise: Deja Vu' and that was 2 plus hours of my life I will never get back.

Deja Vu was intended to be a direct sequel to the 1978 Grindhouse classic I Spit On Your Grave aka Day Of The Woman.

Some ideas should remain just an idea because this flick is a bloated bore-fest that plays out more like a comedy than a horror movie or thriller. It's almost as if writer-director Meir Zarchi asked a meth addict to re-write the script.

The characters are completely useless morons, victims managing to escape while walking slower than Michael Myers while their captors become onlookers.

I swear I was waiting for one the deranged stupid rednecks to break out in song and start singing 'cotton eyed joe'. Yeah, it's one of those movies.

The flick has a 2:28 min runtime that should have been trimmed down to 80 mins. You have scenes that play out wayyyy too long and goes absolutely nowhere.

As far as the acting goes it's poor to shitty, I can't really blame Camille Keaton, Jamie Bernadette and the rest of the cast for that because they were obviously given a scrip that was stolen from the guys over at The Asylum.

1 out of 10 severed thumbs for 'I Spit on Your Grave: Deja Vu'