Sunday, March 24, 2024

Let's Talk 'You Can Call Me Bill':


So my wife and I checked out 'You Can Call Me Bill' over the weekend at the Malco Grandview Cinema & IMAX in Madison Mississippi.

The documentary received a limited released on Mar 22, via Legion M and chronicles William Shatner's life and career over nine decades.

I'm not going to lie these types of documentaries are not really my thing but that being said I enjoyed the hell out of the film. It was interesting taking a look back on Shatner's career and just having an intimate portrait of his personal life. In my opinion the film got a little to preachy about Global Warming, but not enough to ruin the film for me or send me off into a raging rant. If you are a Shatner fan it's definitely worth checking out...

8 out of 10 Severed Thumbs 👍

An intimate portrait of William Shatner's personal journey over nine decades on this Earth, You Can Call Me Bill strips away all the masks he has worn to embody countless characters, and reveals the man behind it all.

Writer and Directed by: Alexandre O. Philippe

The documentary was Produced by: Jeff Annison, Kerry Deignan Roy, Bryan Talebi

With a Runtime: 1h 36m the film is Rated: PG-13 for A Suggestive Reference, Some Language and Brief Drug Use

You Can Call Me Bill: Trailer