Sunday, September 21, 2014

9.21 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2' Update:



So have you guys been wondering about the status when it comes to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2? I didn't think so! Anyways.. In a recent chat with ShockTillYouDrop Tommy Wirkola (writer-director) revealed that the script to Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters 2 is now complete and it's wait and see time...

"I’ve written the script for it," Wirkola told me at Fantastic Fest. "I’ve given it to Paramount and it’s up to them now. But I don’t know what’s going to happen. Jeremy [Renner] is so busy these days, I don’t know how they’re going to juggle all of that, but it’s up to [Paramount]. We’ll see. Hopefully, I’ll get to do another film first. They really liked the script I gave them. The first film was a learning curve for me working in the studio system and the script I wrote for the original was so different. We ended up taking a lot out and altering stuff that first time. I’m smarter now. I tried taking what I learned and still delivered a sequel script that’s an R-rated action film."

Back in 2013 Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters was released to somewhat mixed reviews and so so box-office numbers, but I guess it did well enough for Paramount Pictures to be open to a sequel...


(Source ShockTillYouDrop.com)