Thursday, November 9, 2023

My Thoughts On 'Insidious: The Red Door'

Follow Me Over At Slasher:


Watched Insidious: The Red Door' last night and I can honestly say it was truly awful experience.

I loved the first film and enjoyed Chapter 2, 3 and The Last Key so I was definitely looking forward to checking this one out as well and holy fu@k I'm so glad I didn't see this in theaters. I would have been pissed wasting money on this stinker.

The Red Door is a slow whiny dreadful pile of 💩. I hated the main character Dalton (Ty Simpkins). He is an ungrateful judgemental asshole. As always Patrick Wilson gives a decent performance as Josh but his not in this film very much and is the only reason I stuck around to the end.

I guess Wilson was to busy directing this dull mess but I don't completely blame him for the mess that ended up on screen. That honor goes to writers Scott Teems and Leigh Whannell. Scott Teems doesn't have a good track record after all he helped write recent horror classics Halloween Kills (2021), Firestarter (2022) and The Exorcist: Believer. So there ya go but Whannell knows better.

Anyways apparently I shouldn't watch films that are aimed towards Gen z's. Because when Dalton's friend/girlfriend ex college roommate Chris gives him a kiss and then apologizes for it because she didn't ask for permission, I nearly blew my top lol. It was a kiss not like she tried to rape him jeeessh. 🙄

Anyways Dalton's umm friend (Chris) is just there for him to moan too. Anyways I hated this flick so I definitely don't recommend it but as always don't listen to my old ass. If you want to watch then do it.

1 out of 10 Severed Thumbs.

Story: Josh Lambert heads east to drop his son, Dalton, off at school. However, Dalton's college dream soon becomes a living nightmare when the repressed demons of his past suddenly return to haunt them both..