Friday, June 14, 2024

My Thoughts On 'GODZILLA Minus One's:



Lol I just don't get how on earth can Toho Studios make a film for what $15 - $20 millions dollar at best and it a 1000% better acted, better directed, better special effects and better story than anything an American produced company has ever done when comes not only to Godzilla but anything dealing with Giant monsters? I just don't get it lol.. Well I will say the original King Kong is pretty equal to this new masterpiece. 

Godzilla Minus One in my opinion of course is not only the best Godzilla film ever made but the greatest monster movie ever made. And easily one of the best of films of 2023 if not the best. And on top of that it's one the best war drama's I have ever seen. Yes the new Toho Godzilla film is a war movie or I should put it like this a film dealing with the aftermath of war. And the reason I say that is because not only is Japan at War with Godzilla the Nation is at war with itself metaphorically speaking of course. Japanese people are dealing with the aftermath of War with America. Many of the characters in this film are soldiers who are still fighting the war mentality. 

Much of the story takes place in 1947 just two after the ended of WW2. Japan is still struggling to recover from war like I said the many of the soldiers who survived the WW2 are now trying to survive mentally. Now Japan and these soldiers have to once again face the real possibility of total elimination...

As I said before the acting is fantastic the story is fantastic I never once was bored or found myself checking the time. I honestly can't think of anything negative about this film. 

But I will say the casual movie goer or nothing but comic book movie fans 
who are just looking for a mindless pop corn movie will probably not like this film I don't believe because Minus One challenges you to pay attention to the story and not just the special effects action moments.

It's truly a tragedy this film was pretty much ignored by the academy and completely ignored by the Golden Globes. 

Yes I know the flick cleaned up at Japan's version of the Oscars the film won an Oscar here in the States for best visual effects but it deserved so much more. It really proves how much of a joke Hollywood, the (Oscars) academy awards and just the awards system in general has become. Let's be honest Hollywood is a bloated mess that really needs to learn how to change. Because when a little $15 million dollar movie can put anything Hollywood has crapped out over the last few years to shame, well then you got a problem...

10 out of 10 Severed Thumbs 👍 🎖️

Plot: Japan has barely recovered from the Second World War when a gigantic peril emerges off the coast of Tokyo. Koichi, a deserter traumatised by his first confrontation with Godzilla, sees this as an opportunity to redeem his conduct during the war...