Friday, October 4, 2024

Salem's Lot 2024 Was A Boring Mess:


Okay so Stephanie Peacock Tharp and I watched the new Salem's Lot movie last night and I will say although it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - it was still pretty bad.

The film has runtime of 1 and 53 minutes but it felt more like 4 plus hours. ZZZZ

Before anyone says anything yes I know the original miniseries was over 3hrs long but to be honest you didn't really notice it because of the strong acting and decent pacing and interesting characters. 

In the new film you really don't get that. Most of the characters have zero personality they're just there to get you from one slow scene to another.

Anyways I'm not going to go into more details when it comes to my issues with some of the characters because all it will do is make some people angry and make me have to defend myself.

As far as the special effects goes - some are pretty decent but other times pretty bad like early 2000s CGI bad. About the last 30 minutes of the film are the best but by then you really don't care what happens to these characters.

I can honestly see why WB's scraped the film's theatrical release after all why would you waste more millions in marketing on a bomb?

Anyways 4 out of 10 Severed 👍🏻 Thumbs for me.

Btw the 2004 version staring Rob Lowe, Donald Sutherland and Rutger Hauer is a much better watch than this film. Definitely check that one out.